BIOS is not installed---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks--- just arrived here-- noticed some discussion about ASUS K8V Deluxe so thought I might join in. I can't finish XP installation because it stumbles at 'BIOS is not installed'. Changing Setup and resaving doesn't work and flashing seems to work OK but doesn't help. Messages like 'bad checksum', and 'can't find ROM' are there too. Battery voltage is 3.12 and the set time and date seem to work OK. Any ideas??????
Regards,
Ray Wilkinson

sounds like a major BIOS problem, if the board is under warrenty then send it back, if not then im afraid that you will have to purchase a new 1

Thanks friends--

Sounds like good advice to me-- and agrees with my own diagnosis. Feel sad at having to dismember the new system-- and possibly having to wait for a replacement. I'll let you know what happens---
Regards,
Ray Wilkinson

Bios is OK now---

Hi folks,

some Email to-ing and fro-ing with my suppliers tech guy identified the problem as simply an incorrect BIOS setting--- disabling the on board Promise Controller did the trick---

I'm SOOOOOOO pleased---
Ray Wilkinson

Congrats :)

And thank you for tellings us what the solution was! Now if anyone else has the same problem, they can search for the solution here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back