Bios 'load fail-safe' needed to boot to HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley50

Hi - I have a G81915P Duo Pro mobo, XP and Vista on separate drives. I was (happily!) changing the boot order to select the OS. Then I increased (exchanged) my ram from 1GB to 2GB. The bios saw the new ram but XP sys info did not. It was recommended that I update my bios. So I went from F1 thru F3, F5 to F6. After each change I booted in bios fail-safe to XP. I did not notice that my Vista drive (IDE under a sata controller) was not shown in the boot up sequence selection.
So then I changed bios settings back to my original ones, saw my other IDE drives and booted into Vista.
Now I can only boot to XP by resetting my bios to 'failsafe' and to Vista by changing any bios setting. All very irritating!!
I have changed my bios back to F1 but it makes no difference.
Any ideas? TKIA

Put back the latest BIOS version.

Start applying your own BIOS settings and see exactly which setting makes XP unbootable.

Hi Nodsu thanks for your time. I have now put my bios back to the latest version. I also made my HHD master on the IDE cable vice the DVD writer ( I know! - I cannot remember how it happened but it did work!). Now I can enter the bios and change HDD priorities and get to XP or Vista as desired. So now I need to get a dual boot working!!
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back