BIOS not installed, Drive not found!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyKing

Hi, i had the same problem as in this thread (https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=477868&posted=1#post477868),

i fixed it by going into BIOS setup.

I went to 'Advanced' then to 'Onboard Devices Configuration' and disabled it.

This got rid of my "BIOS is not installed" problem.

What i did, is that .--->
Tarkus said:
disable the SATA controller by either a jumper on your MB or in BIOS. RTFM for procedure.
???

Well if that is fixed, i do still have another message appearing when i start my pc.

After the MOBO startup screen, i get this message:

"Sil 3112A SATALink Host Controller BIOS Version 4.2.10
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 Silicon Image, Inc.

Primary Channel: Drive not found
Secondary Channel: Drive not found"

How do i fix that? Does that mean something wont work correctly on my pc?

Help please

Do you have SATA drives in those ports? If not you can disable the device in your BIOS. The Silicon Image device is probably an extra SATA controller card your motherboard manufacture put in for added value and is not your primary SATA device. Your motherboard chipset usually provides the primary SATA controller.

Ok, I'm a little bit of a noob, but what is a SATA drive? Like at least how does it look like?

And how do i disable the device in my BIOS?

If I disable it, will my PC run normally?

What motherboard or computer do you have? I'll look up your manual and take a peek at your BIOS, so I can tell you exactly how to disable those ports. My best guess is that you don't have any drives connected to those ports or you'd notice some missing drives when you booted your computer. Disabling the device will not hurt your computer and it should speed up your boot time a bit. A PICTURE OF SATA PORTS.

Hi,

I just actually fixed a problem with that. It's an easy fix. Just go into the BIOS and look at the IDE Master/Slave part on the main menu and turn off the ones that dont have any drives on them. That will keep the message:

"Sil 3112A SATALink Host Controller BIOS Version 4.2.10
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 Silicon Image, Inc.

Primary Channel: Drive not found
Secondary Channel: Drive not found"

from appearing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back