BIOS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed bios update on my laptop and everything was ok but then by mistake i pressed it again so i cancelled it had to turn off the laptop and now when i put it on the screen is blank what can i do plz help

Hi

You stopped a BIOS flash !!!!!!, oh lord oh lord what a foolish thing to do, I'm very sorry to tell you this, but you are now the proud owner of a doorstop.

Unless your Laptop supports blind flashing (the ability to flash without booting from a DOS environment) then there is nothing that can be done,

However, it is possible to open the laptop remove the BIOS chip , replace it with a programmed one, boot it up replace the working chip with the faulty one and then flash it, this is something that I wouldnt do and is best left to an expert.

Otherwise the only option is to replace the motherboard...

Sorry...

Regards

if the laptop doesnt support blind flashing is there still a chance of fixing it by replacing bios chip or a new motherboard if so how much does a bios chip or motherboard cost and how do i find out if my laptop supports blind flashing it is a acer aspire 5100

You would have to consult the website FAQ to find out if you can flash it blind. as for removing the BIOS chip if its a pop in/out chip then it would be a case of finding a replacement on the web, if its fixed to the board then you have no chance, as for the price of a mobo again do a search on ebay for it.

Personally, and please dont think im being horrible, but I think you have little or no chance of doing anything, except replacing the Mobo so save your time and just search for that.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back