BIOS problems maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmilo

Hey all, I dont know if this is the right area to post this... Really irritated right now, Got in all my new comp stuff after mother board fried in my desktop, Got a new ASUS Deluxe motherboard, power supply, ram, video card, case blah blah blah... Anyway... Transfered everything into the new case, Never had a problem while doing this before... Started it up and everything looked pretty, comp started checking all the bios stuff n' what not, Then out of no where, maybe 30 seconds in it shuts off, Like a power surge or something, Turn it back on immediately afterwards, Doesn't even stay on long enough for the monitor power light to come on... let it sit for a few minutes, same thing all over again... And a couple errors about driver not attached to fast track or whatever... Friend said the BIOS is probably screwed up and I should take it in to a pro and pay to get it fixed, But I wanted some more info before I toss anyone any money... Any help/advice is "GREATLY" appreciated...
Thanks all...

I figured I'd go ahead and give you the specs on the stuff I got...
I just dont want to sink any money into taking it in to get it fixed if its a faulty motherboard or something... Anyway...
ASUS PVP800-E Deluxe Motherboard
1024MB PC3200 DDR 400mhz Ram
GeForceFX 5200 256MB Video Card
400w Psupply
ummm... I dont know what else to say cept that my old system was a dell dimension, Mother board was shot, using the processor out of it... Yeah, So if any of this is gonna conflict with something, Please let me know, If I should just send the motherboard back now before spending any money...
Please, Any reply is a good reply, Thanks a bunch...

you might want to try another cpu in your new system. if th eold mobo was shot maybe the cpu is as well.

I was wondering that myself, But the guy at the computer shop never said anything about it when he tested the system, In fact he said if I was just gonna trash it he'd buy it off me ? But maybe the CPU just isn't compatible with the board ? I dunno heheh, Anymore thoughts/advice is awesome, Thanks for the reply btw .

This is what was on my reciept thing from Dell after I got done putting the comp together on their site, For the processor anyway...

Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.0GHz w/ 512K L2 Cache

i found a bunch of sites with cpu/motherboard compatibility lists, but i can not get any of them to load! but i dont think its your cpu as you board seems to support all p4 chips from browsing online.

iif you can try another cpu please do!

Coolness, I'll see what I can do, Thanks a bunch for even taking the time to look into it... Hopefully this is an easy fix, I'd like to see how the board performs... if i ever get it working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back