Bios reboot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

duomaxwell

hi everyone

here is my problem, i got a new mobo, cpu, ram and video card. I'm using a hard drive from a old system that already has a os (windows xp) installed on it. When i power up my pc everything boots up to where i guess the drivers load and the windows last config-safe mod-safe mod with command prompt menu comes up. No matter what i pick it just shows my video card name and info then restarts. I'm pretty sure its not the video card because i tryed a old card (pci x16) and the same thing happend. I'm kinda stumped at the moment so any help would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.

you need to reinstall windows in order to run it with the new hardware. a re-installation is necessary any time you replace your motherboard with a different one or one with a different chip set.

i've been trying to install a new windows, but like i said no matter what i do all that happens is a reboot. i've tried to boot to cd and nothing happens.

Go into the BIOS setup when you boot up. Make sure the boot order has your optical drive before your hard drive. Make sure your XP CD is in the drive, and it will boot to the setup.

It might ask you, Press any key to bott off CD...

Press any key to do so, this is because you have a bootable O/S on the hard disk and it won't auto boot to CD unless you specify.

If this does not work, then there's a problem with something. Could be your motherboard's BIOS setup, your CD/Optical drive, or hard disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back