BIOS ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past couple of weeks I have been having some major PC trouble. Most of the time I can fix these things on my own and everything is fine but this is way over my head.

In an attempt to fix the problems I have been having recently I decided to update my BIOS to the latest version to see if that would have any effect. I have an ASROCK K7Upgrade-600 mobo and I downloaded the updates for the BIOS off of their website. I made a boot disk and ran the install. Everything went fine and it told me it had finished updating. The power cable must've been loose because at that point the power cut and the PC powered down. I had hoped that because it had finished updating that it wouldn't matter that the PC had 'rebooted' in that manner. I was wrong and now when the PC turns on, I get 2 quick beeps, a pause and then another beep. The motherboard uses an AMI bios and I looked up the beep codes but none match the beeps I am getting.

I did make a post regarding the other problems I have been receiving if that is any help: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65079.html and my system specs are also there as well.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

- Syphax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back