BIOS says cable disconnected when it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, along with my new HD getting practically destroyed possibly from a loose power connector (using it now, but replacing it later today), my MB's BIOS on reboot/startup keeps giving me a "No 80 pin connector on device 1" even though all the IDE cables are connected and the cd drives themselves that are on the cables seem to work perfectly fine. I've taken classes in hardware and only thing I can remember being 80pin is the IDE cables. So my question for everyone is do you think the cable itself might be partially bad or do you think the MB might be going on its way out that could also be related to my HD getting messed up? Thanks for the help.

My specs are: Foxconn 865MO7-G-6LES, WD3200AAKS CAVIAR SE 16, Intel P4 Prescott 3.0GHZ and 1 GB Kensington Hyper-X Pc3200.

Look for damage on the cable. Some get brittle and crack. Some shrink as they age and pull out of the socket in one place or another.
With the power cable unplugged, remove and reseat everthing, as well.
Cables are cheap. Replace them all...
The connector on device 1 can also be at fault, or the jumper clip can have fallen off or been inadvertently put on wrong posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back