Black And White TV Out Issues Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Im wondering if anyone can help me, i have a geforce 6600gt i have been trying for a while now to get my comp hooked up to the tv to watch films.
When i first tried i used a composite cable now the problem was when i cloned the display it would only come up in black and white on the tv, however when i go into the settings and change them to composite cable the tv shows colour and flickers but then goes blank! I have also noticed that when the computer first boots ie: post screen etc it is in colour right the way untill the windows log on screen. I have managed to resolve this issue (well sort of) by using a svideo cable but the problem there is its only a 4 pin plug with that bit of plastic in the middle which i had to trim down so that it would fit into the card because the card has a 9 pin socket which results in a dodgy connection with ghost images and lines etc. so i really could do with using a composite cable.

Also in display settings my tv comes up as hdtv which it isnt whether that has anything to do with it i dont know.

I have tried all the various settings ie:

pal/ntsc formats
saturation slider
cable selection
and pretty much everything i can think of.

If anyone has had this problem and figured a way of resolving it please help this is driving me crazy and i cant afford a new graphic card just yet! lol

thanks

First, you should have used a proper adapter to get from the 8-pin mini-DIN plug to a normal 4-pin S-Video. If I gave you a firewire device, would you hammer the plug into your USB port?

Anyway, try setting a lower resolution for the TV.

lol!! yeh i know cutting away the plastic aint really a proper method but i tried looking for a 9 pin to 4 pin adapter but cant find one anywhere, hence why i did what i did. Ive tried lowering the tv resolution but it gets me nothing
i just find it really strange that when i use a composite cable the tv will be in colour for a few seconds and then go blank, this must be something to do with the drivers but ive tried various older drivers but that doesnt work either.

thanks for advice though.

Hum.. Google for vivo adapter and knock yourself out. (Reading the video card's manual would have given you a clue too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back