Black Hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Team!

I spent several minutes trying to decide which forum I should post this question in.....this one won! however if you think it may be better served elsewhere please let me know....and no sledging I am a newbie! :)

SO TO THE PROBLEM! I recently ran a recovery install on my pc with XP home to recover some file that supposedly were damaged. Everything worked fine until I rebooted and saw that my ATI 9800 Graphic card had been relaced with a "system adapter" and no info was available on it. I tried to reinstall the 9800 drivers but was met by the message

"unable to install driver....try installing a standard display driver first"

This I tried, the result was when I rebooted I got to the boot screen and then the screen goes black! WTF I said! lol! the computer is working as I hear the drives do there normal routine, but no video.....Now I know what your thinking "hey dude just reboot in safe mode and change the display adapter!" ummmm ok tried that but the computer freezes during this process and wont boot HELP!!!!!!!!

I thought about a windows reinstall but my drives are hooked in raid 0 and when it asks me for my third party raid drivers, it tell me my drives will be cleared NOT AN OPTION!

so if anyone out there can get me around this problem you will have gained a freind for life! and GOD i am missing COD multiplayer!! LOL!!

Thanks for any help team!

Avada

First of all, :wave: Welcome To Techspot :wave: with your first post.

Next...to your problem. Have you tried reseating your card and double-checking your monitor cable? Is the light on your monitor amber or green? When you first boot, do you see the bios display?

Did you install the chipset drivers when you had the driver issue?

You can always do another repair install of Windows or System Restore to get back to square 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back