Black screen on boot. NOTHING else than black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexissopro

Black screen on startup. NOTHING else than black screen.

I've had my new pc running for some time and i am very happy about it, but today it happened something weird.
When i pressed ''On'' button on my PC, the PC started, but the screen remained black. also, another fan inside it start with a moderate sound, which i did not hear before,whenit started normally. i tried ALOT, and been searching alot around (on another pc ofcourse) but cannot find this exact type of problem. and this forum seems nice, my first post btw.
My PC:
2048MB ram.
geforce 8800GTS 640MB
AMD X2 -2,6 GHZ (i think it is 2,6)
400GB harddrive space.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

(sorry for bad english)

Did you get a normal Post beep? I would check the graphics card. First all the connections and make sure it sure it didn't somehow come slightly loose in the slot (as unlikely as that is). That other fan sound could have been the graphics card fan. Can you try a substitute card to test?

re

mailpup said:
Did you get a normal Post beep? I would check the graphics card. First all the connections and make sure it sure it didn't somehow come slightly loose in the slot (as unlikely as that is). That other fan sound could have been the graphics card fan. Can you try a substitute card to test?

I have only that graphic card, and i dont like going inside my PC so much, im not yet so good at hardware.
but thanks for the info, ill try and check
(im writing on my PC right now, as it today magically started normal, now i'm afraid to turn it off because then it wont go on again XD)

Since you mentioned you weren't so good at hardware, I'm guessing that you didn't build the PC yourself. In that case, your new PC should/could still be under warranty. You should consider taking it back to fix the problem under warranty. Parts can go bad unexpectedly which is why there are warranties in the first place. Besides, if you fiddle too much with the internals yourself, you could void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back