Blasted Freeze up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, i am glad i came across this site, was wondering where i could get some help with my problem.
anyway here is the lowdown

Motherboard: Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
Graphics card: Radeon 9550
Memory: 1 Gig pc3200 DDR (did have 1.5 Gig)
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+ Box Socket 754
Case: Thermaltake ( 4 fans )
Operating System: Windows XP
Note: All the drivers are uptodate

Problem: My problem is my computer freezes up, most of the time it freezes while i am playing games (WoW), but every once in a while it will freeze while i am working with misc programs(VC++, .net, media player ect..)
i installed MBM5 to test the temp of my computer well i would run WoW then Alt+Tab to check the temp after playing for a lil and the hotest my computer ever gets is 120F.. i dont consider that to bad i asked a friend of mine what temp his comp was at while he was playing ac and his was 165F
and from above when i stated i did have 1.5 Gig memory that is beacuse i figure that might have been my prob that i had a bad chip so i took one out and it still froze up.. i know this question has been posted but i could not find a solution.

thank you for your time

if i am missing any req. information that you might need let me know.

Yes, your temperatures are fine it seems, and if all your drivers are up to date, then perhaps you need to look at potential hardware failures?

Try running www.memtest86.com and see if any errors come up, and also run a diagnostic program on your hard drive.What make is your hard drive? I believe powermax will work on all makes (confirm before downloading), go to www.maxtor.com

I have also recently learned (thanks vegasgmc!!) about a magical feature in XP called "event viewer"! Right click on my computer and select "manage", then "event viewer". Here it shows a log of all errors the system comes across. Hopefully this can give you a clue as to what is causing your crash.

ok thank you. as for my Hard Drive it says Hitachi Deskstar
i have and use CheckIt® Diagnostics http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tpl?group=subsolutions&id1=5&id2=48
after i check everything it says no errors

---EDIT---
well now it is not only freezing up it will do a system reboot
i just took out one of my fans thinking that might be the prob( not sure how but have to try something)

---EDIT #2---
ok i think i have found the problem my memory. the thing about that is i have rean tests on it and it states that everything is fine but i keep reading my reboot/freeze problems could be 2 of the most common things, overheating and memory.. so i took all but 1 memory out and tested them i have 3 512DDR memory and 2 of them 3 are bad =(
now that sux.. but understandable i guess.. them 2 memory are over 2 years old..
thank you for the help i hope it will stay working now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back