Block my IP addres

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeapple

Can someone recommend the best way to block my IP address from appearing on certain websites?
I don't wanna go through the router ( IM in work and don't wanna make changes)
do you know of any programmes I can run to block my IP appearing , free if possible!! :D

There are no programs to "hide" your IP address. Your IP is the only thing that lets you send/receive data over the internet. You might as well unplug your computer from the network to "hide" it.

You can use a proxy server to make your requests to web servers appear to come from the proxy and not your IP address.

I understand that, I know how IP adresses work, no need for smart comments or dismissive answers if you dont know don't reply.

the reason i asked is when on another forums site a guy had a sig that showed my IP addres and OS..i wanted to know could I block this.

You can't block it. In order to do virtually anything over the Internet, you need to send the server your IP address. The only real thing you can do it what Nodsu said, use a proxy to change where you are coming from. I recommend Tor (Google it).

You could block the IP address of the server that is displaying the signature (in your firewall) - your computer's request for the signature content will never reach that server and the server won't be able to generate the sig containing your IP.

I don't see the point of this though. No one would able to link your IP to your person and you are the only one who sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back