Bloodless games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewybo

I am not a gamer. I have decided that I would like to experience some of the higher end graphics that newer games feature, however, so I have decided on either a 6600GT, or a 9600XT. I have plenty of system to run all--

My question is: are there ANY good games that are challenging, that I don't have to play on the net, and that I don't have to kill humans to play? I'm looking for fun and good graphics, not carnage. :angel:

No... I've never known a game without atleast a little blood.
Solitaire is challenging. :haha:

Anyway, these aren't bloodless but they are challenging and you dont have to play online:

Age of Empires 3
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Darwinia

Also, I would definately recommend a 6600gt over a 9600xt.
Even though I'm an ATI fanboy (God help me if I create a flame war..)
The 9600xt is outdated and less powerful.

Ok

Yeah, I'm leaning in the GT direction. If I could justify the money, I'd consider the 6800 series, but-- oh, well. I'm not opposed to violence, exactly, but since I don't game, I wouldn't have much fun gettin sniped every 10 sec. til I learned what to do.

Ya gotta understand, I thought Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Brothers were fun and challenging! Just looking for non-FPS types. I should have added- for the time being, I'll be limited to AGP 8x.

Thanks for the input, mossi. :grinthumb

A nice RPG would be fun. I'm playing Final Fanasy VII right now, it's pretty good. Time consuming though.

When you say blood-less. Do you mean no violence (tetris, puzzles, sports) or do you mean no actual blood on the screen? :chef:

I beleive he means no FPS, so that would include Half-Life2 even though you're defending the planet against zombie and demon-hoards not other humans. That's too bad because COD2 is just marvelous for graphics but now you really are killing humans, (but they're freakin Nazy crout bas tards. :blush: )

RPG will even have fight stuff in them, just not as often.

not squeamish

As I said before, I'm not opposed to any and all violence, I'm just not particularly interested in a body count being the major consideration in advancement. Killing aliens might be alright, if that isn't the ONLY challenge to the game.

Kirok- just to prove I'm not totally anti-violent- them ***** nazi bastards needed to die!! I can think of many others, too, but I'd best not mention them here! :angel:

Well if your looking for non FPS here are a few

As mentioned Final Fantasy
Fable (but that has alot of violence at times)
If your looking for a game that will totally hook you, Morrowing 3 Elder scrolls
Its a few years old, but still good.

Maybe something like myst (although i find it a bit boring)

and im an ATI fan, but the 6600GT's much better

what about a game like the sims 2, simcity 4 or maybe RTS games like age of empires and age of mythology they r less violent. Or a game like need for speed. there are many non violent comouter games with good graphics

and the 6600 would be better, even though Id usually prefer radeon cards over geforce.

Thanks

Thanks to all for your input. I'll pick a couple from those mentioned when my card gets shipped, wo knows, I may get hooked and into something serious.

Couple more questions: an earlier sound card came bundled with "Tomb Raider," which Ive looked at (can't control it yet- have a Logitech Wingman), and a "Rainbow Six" something or other that I installed, but haven't opened yet. I got the impression that "Rainbow" needs to be played online. True?
On Tomb Raider, Ive seen it sold cheap, so I assume it's not too thrilling? Not to mention both of those are shoot-em-ups.

Thanks again. But just wait!!!! As soon as I find a game to play, I'll be tapping on your heads again for a tutorial on AA, AS, KGB, and CIA and all them other graphics thingies I know nothing about.

Preciate the help. :angel:

hewybo said:
I got the impression that "Rainbow" needs to be played online. True?
False, at least for those Rainbows I've seen.
On Tomb Raider, Ive seen it sold cheap, so I assume it's not too thrilling?
Which one? Old ones are good, but Angel of Darkness has horrible controls in the PC version. Whether it's thrilling or not is everyone's own opinion. I'm waiting for TR: Legend myself :)

By the way, if I remember correctly, all Tomb Raiders show red pixels spraying from enemies when you shoot them.

Prince of Persia : Sands of Time was very good. There's a little violence here & there but you're mostly beating up undead foes that don't have any blood, does that count ? :p

I got Prince of Persia with my GeF6600GT, I'm not big on sword fighting or any hand to hand type combat. Give me a gun, preferably a BFG and I'll clear the room. ;) but to be honest the graphics were good.

What's that game in 3D Mark 05 with the Canyon scene and that giant creature jumping over the flying ship? That had some pretty sweet graphics.

Misinterpretation

Didou said:
Prince of Persia : Sands of Time was very good. There's a little violence here & there but you're mostly beating up undead foes that don't have any blood, does that count ? :p

Sure, it counts. I need to say again- I am not queasy, blood (from others) does not bother me. Nor does killing things/people who need it. I am just more interested in games that will challenge my mind as much as my aim.

Also- replay value/interest/options are important, as I am on disability, therefore a limited budget. Hate to buy a game that's only fun once.

I thoroughly appreciate everyone's assistance! :) :)

Hmm, maybe something like Age of Empires or Civilization series. I've heard these take months to play and each time you can change the course of the outcome by what/how you interect. Am I correct anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back