Blue Screen after USB Ports shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my hardware settings, swapped the cards and memory to finally say, my USB Ports shut down on use, all of them.

I'm using a cordless keyboard and cordless opitcal mouse and a game-pad via USB ports, tried all of the 4 ports on the board, same result evertime, after some time the system crashes with a blue screen. this appears while using the keyboard and mouse in game(Fahrenheit,Fable), the joypad only disappers while playing(NHL06), which isn't that hard but really :unch:

Is it possible that my 350W power supply isn't enough? Never had problems with my old 300W!

Someone an idea? :confused:

Thanx for helping

what are the machine's specs? it is possible that the USB controller's circutry has too much current drawing from it, in which case your controller is probably damaged. it could easily be a bad motherboard, too.

ASUS A7V600
Athlon XP 2800+

It really looks like the USB ports are exhausted under high exertion. The problem with the controller occurs only while playing nhl2006. But the receiver for mouse and keyboard shuts down too while playing Fable. My only opinion is a damage at the motherboard, but it worked half a year without problems.

On the USB controllers there is only my Mouse&Keyboard Receiver, and sometimes my controller connected so there are not too much devices i think. 2 out of 4.

Before changing my motherboard again I wanted to try if anybody knows an other solution.

Thanx in advance

'tis a solid motherboard, you needn't mess with that. if anything, you'll need to add a USB 2.0 PCI adapter, a much cheaper and easier option. before you buy anything, you should try disabling the USB controller in the bios, unplugging your USB devices, and resuming your usage of the computer to see if it fails again. if it does, then you should consider a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back