Blue screen appears & pc restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies

my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

it happens both in vista professional as well as in xp sp2.

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Video card, memory, power supply, or cpu fan. Transcend memory has a big marketing push to create a "name", but is barely so-so in our experience. Check the latency and timings. You might want to run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to rule out memory as an issue.
Then tell us about your video graphics. That is the most common area for trouble. Which card do you have? Is it PCI-E

raybay said:
Video card, memory, power supply, or cpu fan. Transcend memory has a big marketing push to create a "name", but is barely so-so in our experience. Check the latency and timings. You might want to run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to rule out memory as an issue.
Then tell us about your video graphics. That is the most common area for trouble. Which card do you have? Is it PCI-E

i donot have a graphics card ... i have only on board graphics

But your onboard graphics still has a driver, and that driver may require an upgrade which you may find at the website of the computer manufacturer, motherboard, or the graphics folks. You can find out the graphics by downloading the free Belarc Advisor, CPUID - CPU-Z, or Everest then running it for a list of installed components.
Once you determine the video port, there will be a great number of sites that will offer drivers (usually free).

raybay said:
But your onboard graphics still has a driver, and that driver may require an upgrade which you may find at the website of the computer manufacturer, motherboard, or the graphics folks. You can find out the graphics by downloading the free Belarc Advisor, CPUID - CPU-Z, or Everest then running it for a list of installed components.
Once you determine the video port, there will be a great number of sites that will offer drivers (usually free).

thanks a lot ...i ran the belarc advisor .... All drivers r installed ..... i have a 667 Mhz 1gb ram ....when i replaced with a 533 Mhz ram of my friend , the pc works fine..... is there a problem with my ram ?????

I have no idea if there is a problem with your Ram... we are basically trying to rule out things as much as we are trying to find the exact cause.

There is a rule that says it is best to have RAM modules be the same latency and have the same timings in a gaming machine or professional photo editing. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

But the fastest module will only work at the speed of the slowest module... and that memory labeled VALUE RAM or similar names with "Value" in the name will sometimes cause big trouble in gaming or graphics editing... though it is just fine for word processing, email, and the internet.

Often, the problem is with defective drivers, and it is a slow process replacing them... They somehow get damaged... my theory is they are damaged more by the downloaded updates from Microsoft, Adobe, and antivirus or antispyware programs... because I never see the errors on other machines, not set to receive downloads.

Could be 1 on 2 things, either faulty/damaged memory or the higher frequency RAM you had in there is not compadible with your motherboard.
cheers
Hynesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back