Blue Screen Crashes and Unable to Update Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ylwthunder87

I've been getting a few blue screen errors lately, it usually flashes to quickly for me to read the text but I suspect its a driver issue. When I tried to update my SB Audigy drivers it said the hardware wasn't installed, yet it shows up in my dxdiag. I also downloaded ASUS A8N-SLI drivers from their website and the files showed as corrupt when I tried unzipping. What else should I try to do to fix this? I have the latest nvidia drivers already, and this error only occurs when I am playing games. Thanks

Try running System File Checker to replace any damaged or missing system files. with the XP disk in the drive open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow this should fix any system file problems . as far as the audigy update goes you did leave the present drivers installed when you tried to update didnt you? the udates are just that, and the original install has to be present in order to update. if you uninstall the audigy drivers before running the update you will get a message just as you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back