blue screen crashes, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulrush81

I have just sussed out how to zip a dump and post it, please anyone if you could help me, i am at my wits end.

I built the computer a few months ago, I have had several problems but overcome them but now it crashes all the time, worse when i'm downloading or playing eg BF2 online.

I have a feeling its graphics related but i know nothing really.

Thanks

Paul

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

4 of your minidumps crash at SACMXP1.sys. Your usb modem driver. they also reference vsdatant.sys. Zonealarm friewall.

1 minidump crashes at vsdatant.sys. Zonealarm friewall.

1 minidump crashes with an unknown image.

The bugchecks are 44/FE/D1/A

0x00000044: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
In practice, it is usually a hardware driver issue.

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Try updating/uninstalling Zonealarm.

Also update your modem drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you very much. I have uinstalled zone alarm and reinstalled the modem asI cant find updates for it. It hasn't crashed yet so fingers crossed.
Thanks again
Paul

hi again, after i did the above it runs stable ie it has not crashed on me but when i leave it downloading it crashes. any ideas

i have also noticed that sometimes in other posts you mention page file problems, my page file is different than the primary drive.
is this an issue if so how do i change it

Both minidumps crash at SACMXP1.sys. Your modem driver. they have bugchecks of FE, and A respectively.

Try updating your modem drivers, or try a different modem.

The fact that your page file is on a different drive shouldn`t be a problem, provided you OS knows where it is.

Instructions for replacing your page file can be found HERE in reply #11.

However, I don`t think it`s you page file that`s the problem. I think you`ve got a modem problem. Either the modem itself, or the drivers.

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back