Blue Screen, dont know what to try next....

Status
Not open for further replies.
NMI:Ram Parity/Parity check error

ok call me a *****.. lol, but i keep gettin this NMI:Ram Parity/Parity check error.. after my comp logs on to a user (about 4-5 secs after loging on) Only thing i can think of a is a hardware screwup, i bought a new stick of 512 ram (to match my 256) and it ran fine (this has been for 3 months now) so i took it out and tried both sticks by them selves in diffrent slots and visa versa (same prob) swaped outmy mx440 g4 card and put in a TTi 440.. same prob. swaped sound cards same prob.. even ethernet card same prob. so im thinkin what could it be... my mobo or processor? or heat. i recently blew it out thinkin it could be a heat/dust problem, to my surprise there was very little dust... and i even unhooked my dvd player... in hope it could be a power struggle... none of this worked

when did this start happening? well im a addicted wow fan.. yes i admit it, but around 1 month ago i started gettin random crashes of wow, so i reformated and reinstalled wow... this is when the blue screen started to pop up. I've reformated a few times now to no prevail, ME and XP pro same prob

i have a compaq 7110us (which had a 1.33 athlon thunderbird, which was acting up so i replaced it with a nother 1 (around a year ago), also up'd the hd to 120 gig, and vcard to a 440 mx g4 from a g2 (a year or so ago) ram upgraded 3 months ago, new soundblaster card 3 months ago also.. really only origional piece in there is the Mobo ch070 i bealive.. im pretty sure its 070 not 073 i can check that later..since im not at home atm... but either way i dont know what i should do.. could it be my processor, my mobo, ram, power supply.. or a combination of things any help would be nice.

for just refrence i've built a few comps (3, 1 by self, 2 with help, my first 2) and so far have had no complaints.. but i bought this compaq prolly close to 3 years ago.. before i really got intrested in learning more.. so im still a novice.. but im above average but none the less a *****..

thanks for all the help, i hope i made a bit of sense.. need any other info just ask, i greatly appreciate it, and i did look for this subject.. but came up with irrelivent posts... so sorry if this has been adressed multiple times

Sylviar

*edit* does anyoen think a bios flash would have anything to do with this? and if so can someone just briefly xplain to me how to do 1.. =P

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

What did the bsod(blue screen of death)say, including any numbers.

Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will test your ram for errors.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

im not being sarcastic in any way, but how can i run a test, if i cant stay on my comp for more then 10 secs? can i burn it on a cd and it runs it before logging in? just curious, thanks for all the info though, and ill repost at home on other comp when i get home to find out all the numbers and such, thanks agian!

nathan

Well you could always download and burn the programme on the other computer.

Once you have the programmed burned to cd, then you boot with it.

Obviously you will need to make sure that your boot priority is set to cd-rom first.

Regards Howard :)

kk ill try that, *prays its his ram somehow* =d now to my sig, gotta post me specs =d for future! =) thanks again.

memtest

ok i downloaded the iso for the memtest, but the downfall is that i dotn have nero... and from what i know that is the only way to really copy a image to a cd, i know a simple copy and paste doesnt cut it... anyone can help me out here? is there way that i cant think of or know of... or is there a free program that does it like nero, thanks!

nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back