Blue Screen Error: BCCode : 4e etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Over the past several days, my machine has been having multiple major crashes per day, and i can not figure out whats going on to cause the crash other than it being a device driver.

Error code:

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000002 BCP2 : 000274D7 BCP3 : 0007FF8F
BCP4 : 0000FFFF OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Using XP SP2, Kaspersky AV 6, 2 GB RAM, Pentium D 3.1 Ghz, NVidia 7900GTS, SoundBlaster Audigy SZ2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In order to help you we need your minidumps.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Thanks for your reply. I looked in the location you provided for the Minidump files; the folder is there but it is empty and contains no files. So far Im upto 3 blue screens today alone with the same error code.

That is strange! Next time the Blue Screen occurs write down the error code that begins 0x fallowed by several zeroes and then a number followed by a letter or sometimes it just a number or two letters.

Like this: 0x0000007F

Problem is, Im usually in a program when the crash occurs- I dont actually get the blue screen- the computer just resets itself, and when it reboots, Error Reporting does its thing and sends the crash info. I then get an Explorer Alert window that opens and says that the system has recovered from a serious error, that it had to shut itself down for its own protection. It then gives the original error message as I quoted in Message #1. It shows referrence to the Minidump files, but when I go to the folder, the folder is empty.

On the next creash, I will write down everyting I can regarding the error and post at that time.

It could be a heat issue: Check to see if all your fans are running and not just your case fans.

Have you run MemTest to see if your RAM is good?

It could be your power supply.

Ok- after yet another crash- Ive managed to get one of the Minidump files and have posted it here for review- anxiously awaiting a response!

0x7E Pool_Corruption. You either have a faulty driver or you are having RAM issues as both are common causes.

Did you upgrade either your hardware or drivers recently?

Also, did you run MemTest to see if your RAM is faulty? MemTest takes hours, i.e. start it, go to bed, check it the next day.

Yes, I just went through updating ALL my drivers from www.driveragent.com with including, but not limited to:

Nvidia Foreceware drivers
Logitech Orbit Webcam drivers
Saitek X52 Drivers
CH Proudcts drivers

I did do the RAM test, and all is fine there. It seems almost to be a sound issue; when running Flight Simulator 2004 or Flight Simulator X, is when these crashes most commonly occur. Mid-flight and the systems powers down and restarts.

I presume I should start the painful task of rolling back the drivers to try to find the culprit??

Do a System Restore to pre driver update. Then if not having problems, don't update. Before updating check that update addresses specific problem that you are having.

You should turn off "Automatically restart on system failure". To do this right click on My Computer and select properties. Click on the Advanced tab then click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. In this window uncheck box for Automatically restart. Click OK a couple of times. The next time your PC crashes it will stop at the BSOD allowing you to write down message.

If you keep crashing and the BSOD errors are different each time then most likely it is a memory problem. Run your PC with each RAM module separately. Try your RAM in a different PC or try different RAM in your PC. Many RAM modules have lifetime warranty so contact manufacturer. When running memtest, run it long time, i.e.overnight. If errors then RMA it.

Look in Event Viewer as info there may help to narrow down possible causes of your PC crashing.

Same Problem, I think

I have gotten seemingly the same problem too, especially when I am ready to take off in Flight Simulator. I know it has something to do with my video card or drivers or something. I am not a tech person so this is especially challenging. This is the error I get that gets sent to Microsoft after the reboot after that BSOD.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 08000200 BCP3 : A86E2BB4
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I have attached the most recent minidump file as I gather you good people need to help me out. Can anyone tell me what to do.

I have replaced the hard drive on this machine, the mother board, reinstalled windows, and this problem has pervaded all those steps. I have a dell latitude D610,

Thank you all in advance for any help! It is sincerely appreciated!!!

Stephen

hi my name is matt. i have a emachine t3025 i replaced the hd with a formated. hd. when i boot up the computer with windows xp pro. its doesn't do anything but give me a book disk failure. what do i have to do?

You both need to create your own new thread
Read here on how to create a new thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114336.html

PS replying on old threads is not the answer, and will likely not be replied to

Edit

Thanks stumpf2000 for creating your new thread, answered by support and all :)
matthewvicknair, you won't get support on this thread, and your replies will be continually removed, until you are officially warned (2 removed so far !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back