Blue Screen error, XP on Macbook when running MSN messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddy89

hey guys, wondering if you can give me a hand!!!

When i run Windows Live Mesenger on XP, and 7.5 i have tried too (on my mac via bootcamp) it will startup and load, before giving me the blue screen and shutting off or sometimes restarting. This has also happened once with normal(microsoft messenger) msn, when i selected "start talking" or in effect, starting the mic to start talking.

It seems that only windows messenger will run normally for any length of time...

What should i do? the screen doesnt last longenough to read what it says, which doesnt help.....

Any idea why or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Toddy

toddy89 said:
hey guys, wondering if you can give me a hand!!!

When i run Windows Live Mesenger on XP, and 7.5 i have tried too (on my mac via bootcamp) it will startup and load, before giving me the blue screen and shutting off or sometimes restarting. This has also happened once with normal(microsoft messenger) msn, when i selected "start talking" or in effect, starting the mic to start talking.

It seems that only windows messenger will run normally for any length of time...

What should i do? the screen doesnt last longenough to read what it says, which doesnt help.....

Any idea why or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Toddy

I didnt quite get what you meant, but any blue screen will leave a minidump file in the system folder (search *.dmp) if you post all of these in a zip file I'll take a look at them.

Sounds like some kind of conflict with the sound or video drivers, but i'll know more when you post the dumps.

Regards

I didnt quite get what you meant, but any blue screen will leave a minidump file in the system folder (search *.dmp) if you post all of these in a zip file I'll take a look at them.

Sounds like some kind of conflict with the sound or video drivers, but i'll know more when you post the dumps.

Regards

I have the same problem.. did you manage to resolve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back