Blue screen mem dumps? after crackly sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legoflamb

Ok so on some games my computer will play fine for a little while then eventually the sound becomes crackly and distorted and before I know it, it's decided to crash.

Often it goes to a blue screen with gibberish about physical memory dumps.

Sometimes I can quit before it does this but then my audio centre (realtek 97) will often come up saying there are no speakers connected.

Is especailly bad with Arma (same with the old operation flashpoint), call of duty 4 and timeshift. No problems on pro evolution soccer 2008.....

I have put down the hardware acceleration in the audio settings as this used to work for operation flashpoint a couple of computers ago - but no joy.

I'm at a loss!

win xp home
1gb ram
realtek 97 onboard sound
ati radeon x1900

sorry for the cross post but both gaming and xp forums seem like the best places to ask.

You could post your minidumps - C:Windows\minidump\*

They will probably tell you it`s either your sound driver,video driver,or the game itself.

So update/reinstall eveything you can update/reinstall.

sorry never done this before, how do I do it?

I've found the files - do you want me to turn it into a txt file and paste you what's in there or somehow upload the whole dump?

Bugcheck code 9c is hardware problem

All of your minidumps have bugcheck code 9C and bugcheck parameter 4 is 00070f0f. This is hardware problem and it has no known solution. Someone reports that it is caused by mixed ram, CPU, TV Card or M/B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back