Blue Screen, need help with how to proceed and error codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I have searched but am very unfamiliar with many of the terms and do not knwo where to begin with minidumps and the such.

The computer is a Dell, I have more info on the OS but it's at home. The problem I'm having is recently I would turn the computer on and get a blue screen stating Windows was has detected a problem and has shut down to prevent damage to the computer. Error codes on the screen were: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf8951208, 0x805b19cb, 0xf8950f08). I would then restart the computer and be given the options to start in safe-mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally, or last known good configuration. I would choose last known good configuration and it would work perfectly, albeit slightly slow. Now when I start I get the blue screen and restart, but when I choose last known good configuration it takes me back to the blue screen and I cannot access Windows. This is the same for Safe Mode. I tried repairing/reinstalling windows but I do not known the Administrator PW to use in setup.

I have previously ran chkdsk /r as well.

Any ideas of how I should proceed or what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

a stop message literally means that windows has stopped. and a stop 0000007 message indicates something is wrong with your software. and that usually means drivers and compatibility problems. so check your drivers and make sure they're all up to date.

this site has more detailed info.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back