Blue screen of death and my DVD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnadz

Ok here's what happened:

I recently installed a DVD-ROM drive (I/O magic lightscribe DVD-Burner) and all was well in the land of happy computers. Then one day shortly after, I put a CD-RW in to burn, which I had done many times prior, and when I shut the drive, the blue screen of death appears. Serious error, dumping physical memory, the works. I then come to find that it does this everytime and only when I open and close the drive.

Once restarted, I get a note saying that Windows has recovered from a critical error and it wants to tell MS. It may be worth noting that I have recently installed several new programs, mainly music sequencers, before this happened. It was also suggested that I may have some loose connections or that I have a power supply issue but this was never followed up. Here are my specs, please help if you can. Also I can give the .dmp if anyone is good at figuring it out.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:10:27 AM, on 1/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Thanks to all

~Tnadz

Bsod Dvd

Have you tried uninstalling your new software, there are some dodgy sequencers and Music making software out there, and your drive is one that i have never heard of. Drivers installed with this kind of software sometimes try to lock Drives and other devices for exclusive use of that program, sounds that the drive is probably not too well suported by windows. check on the HCL or check the OEM's Website for drivers.

yeah, I actually think I've fixed it. I uninstalled the bad prog and then reinstalled an XML file (forget which one now) and now there are few problems. However, I do run into errors that occur when my games crash. I think It's more video driver issues. It seems like Nvidia is always havin them. Oh well. UPDATE! Thanks for the feed back

~Tnadz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back