Blue screen of death- attached mini-dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I started getting the blue screen of death so I recovered my hard drive back to the factory settings but even after this, I am still having my computer restart constantly from the blue screen of death. Can anyone help? I've attached the mini-dumps. Thanks.

Floridasunshine

Attachments

• Mini021108-03.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 9
Are you running Symantic/Norton security software? One minidump says the probable cause is symtdi.sys which is the process network dispatch driver or Norton internet security filter belongs to the software Symantec security drivers or Symantec network drivers update or symtdi or Symantec network driver update..

Another minidump though it did not say it was the probable cause lucoms~1.exe was in the mix and this is a process in the Symantec Live Update Engine.

You are having driver issues and it is pointing to Norton. I would suggest updating or checking out their forums and see what they say about these two drivers and any work-arounds.

restored system and removed norton antivirus- still happening

Hi,
I got rid of norton anti-virus but I am still getting the same blue screen of death and also my internet browsers get errors a lot now and close. Here's the new mini-dumps attached.

Floridasunshine

This time your errors are pointing to hardware issues but some are too generic. However, one in particular said memory corruption. See if these steps help:

1. Run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you have errors you have bad RAM and it needs to be replaced.

2. Run a harddrive diagnostics. Your HD manufacturer will supply a free diagnostics tool that you can get from their website.

Hi,
Thanks for responding. I ran a memtest today while I was using the computer and I am getting lots of errors so the RAM is probably the problem. For the harddrive, where do I go on my computer to find out who is the manufacturer of my hard drive?

Floridasunshine

Okay, first if you got errors in MemTest you have corrupted memory. The only thing you can do is change it out; it can't be fixed. Find your manufacturer of your memory and request an RMA to see if they will replace which any legitimate company will do.

Also, run MemTest on each individual stick to see if one or all are corrupted.

As for finding the make of your PC components google SIW and download this neat little utility. It is free and free of viruses and malware. When you click it to run it will bring up a window with a list to the left of various things you may want to research. Click on the harddrive icon and in the widow will be listed your make, model, etc.

bought new 512mb ram- didn't help

Hi,
I ran a memory test and it pointed to problems with my ram. I just installed 512mb of ram into my computer but I'm still getting the blue screen of death. Can anyone check my latest error log attached?

Your error is a 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue).

How much RAM total do you have installed and when you received errors from MemTest did you run each stick individually to see how many needed to be replaced?

It is hardware problem. One minidump is crashed with CPU_CALL_ERROR and this is the symptom of faulty motherboard. Replace the M/B will resolve the blue screen problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back