Blue screen of death ... could it be my motherboard?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

I have an MSI-6534, P4 1.50ghz, 768 sd133, i have recenlty had problems with some games where they dont work or simply crash. The blue screen of death i had reccomended i change my Video adapter, i did then i tried my games again, this time just a blue screen no text!!!!!

My motherboard is 4 years old but works and boots fine. All compounts work (i think).

Please could somone help.

what changes to your system did you make before the trouble happened (change in device drivers, settings?)

Changes

I have changed my Ram from 2x256mb to 1x256 and 1x512. The new 512 stick is manafactured by Integral.

Thanks for the help.

i am having the same issue i think

i have the game sim city 4 and was happy to run it, but when i loads.... as soon as it hits the tutorial and my computer restarts. so what i did was go to my computer properties and take off the auto restart option in the startup and recovery settings.
When i ran the game again, the error was;
Tect info:
*** STOP 0x000007E (0xC0000005, 0F733FC3F, 0xF2976A64, 0xF2976764)

*** viaudios.sys - address F7337C37, BASE at F73370000, Datestamp 4029c2f1

Now i have no clue what i just typed, but if anybody does, that would be great.
As for my specs,
VIA KT880 chipset Delta MSI motherboard w/ 400 fsb
1024Mb or Dual Channel (2x512) kingston HyperX RAM
XP2800+ AMD (333) CPU
30 gig 7200rpm 133/ata maxtor HD
128MB FX5200 Video Card by pixelview (it has yet to run at full capibilities)
350w Power Supply
and running XP Pro OS

I am about really to dump this system and build another one with a 64 chip and Asus board with a FX5600 video card and 2gig (4x512)ram, but my bank account says negetive. lol.
Please help me.

gamingguy- the problem went away?
if not:
try running memtest, available at:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
just follow the directions...

java-
device drivers and/or bad hardware caused your problem. update or reinstall your soundcard, other perhiperals if problem persists.

no idea here, might be the motherboard

Hey thanks for pickin' up my prob and trying to help, i am pulling my hair out here.
i did what you said, i unistalled the sound driver and video driver and re-installed them.... prob still there
then i bought a new video card, ($107) FX 5500 256MB, and then uninstalled the sound and video again and reinstalled them.... prob fixed on the sims game.... but video card is still running 39 to 41% full capibilities puke: .

So now my thought is that it might be old bios (currently running i think 4.03.57 somthing something) so iM heading to MSI site to downlaod and reinstall ALL the drivers (my computer is going to be so slow with all those progs running in the back) and utilities....
SO if you have a differant idea, please stop me.... please. I AM OPEN TO "ANY" suggestions. :confused:

Thanks for the help,

Thanks for the help zephead, but i have noticed that my problems are only with games that use DirectX 9.0c. All games that run 9.0b work fine. So i ran the "directxdiag" and there is a problem with direct draw.

Any more help????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back