Blue Screen of Death Page Fault Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been getting the blue screen of death with the Page fault in non paged area error. I've read where this can be related to bad memory, but I've replaced my memory recently and the new memory is good (checked it out with memtest86).

Any ideas? Here's the info I got from the Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b148, 0x00000000, 0x8057e489, 0x00000000).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Thanks,
Nader

Ok, I assume the minidumps are overwritten every time a BSOD takes place?

If so, I will have to keep copies and wait till the error occurs a couple of more times.

In the meantime i would suggest you run memtest86 again, make sure there is only one stick of ram in at a time and run it for at least 6 passes each time.

Blue Screen of Death -- and Memtest86

OK --

I just ran memtest86 again, and this time I got a whole block of errors (about 16k to be exact) in test #5, they were mostly in the upper 511 mb memory block.

This is a new stick of memory.

However, perhaps I should point out the following. I was replacing 2 sticks of memory (256 mb each) and put this new 512 mb stick into a slot. I think my mobo can support it: ECS KT600-A. Amd 2 Gigaherz.

So...do you think there's something wrong with the mobo, that's corrupting memory? Is the memory bad (again???) Do I need to do something to 'calibrate' my PC to work with this new 512mb stick?

Any advice is appreciated.

You should check with your mobo mfgrs website for FAQ's or specs on the ram you should be using.
I would get more ram but keep the one you have and save it, it may work in another pc. Thats provided you cant send or bring it back for exchange or refund.
Also, the error you posted in the first place points directly to ram, so that ram is either no good or no good for your mobo.

My pleasure. You could also simply bring your manual to a pc shop and they will sell you proper ram for it.
And you may also be able to return the ram you have as well.

i got the same problem with yours can someone check my minidump please?
cheers

NB : the problem is greatly reduced by 80% since i took of my external HD.. haha i have been plugging my Ext HD for 2 months non stop LOL

Really, you should make your own thread. Systems and situations vary greatly from one to another and the original post may not be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back