Blue Screen of DEATH, please help, GF4 Ti4200 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega14

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MB DDR with tv-out

ok, So it all started with my computer shutting down randomly in games like farcry and unreal tourniment 2004 and rebooting its self. I never did figure out why this was but after deleting a few extranious programs that where "helping my video card" that problem fixed its self. -- now it is back ( or was, when my comp. was still working). Then i was on the internet one night and thought to my self, I wonder if there are any new drivers, so i went to Nvidia's site and got the newest one. OOPS, After uninstalling the old driver i instaled the new one, And to my dread i got the BSoD. It gives me the Infamos "Page Fault in Non-Paged area..." When i delete the driver it works, except i get about 8 bits out of it. I also have a raid driver for extra ide hook ups, Which some how might be tied in with it, ive tried neumorous drivers, including Omega, and old ones that i saved incase something like this happened. None of them do any thing better. safe mode works fine... like it should. and as a semi experienced computer nerd/teckie i am plain old stuck. i have tried many many diffrent techniques and tonight maby installing a spare card-- radion 9600 128-- to see if it is the card, just to be positivly certain. Any and all help would strongly be appriciated, Thank you a ton.

if it shut down or crashed in your games, the odds are that there is a thermal issue. your card may have been made bad, went bad, or was damaged by the heat thrown off whilst playing said games.

make sure you have the correct card drivers, install new bios updates for your board, and see if you can get a newer version of your board's chipset drivers.

good luck.

I tried all of these but none of them have had any effect on the problem, Another thing that is happining is that when it does the ram check and HDD/cdrom checks the screen is about 1/4 of the way off the screen to the left, so there is nothing but black on the right, and i know its not supose to be that way!!

Page Fault in Non-Paged area

usually this error pertains to a faulty memory, try reseating the memory and run a diagnostic on it, otherwise remove the memory stick and try only using one but intechanging it to different memory bank/slot until you isolate if it is indeed the memory causing it or could be the memory slot/bank :bounce:

well thats not the problem, ive done almost every thing posible now, except reformatting, which i relly dont want to do.
Im wondering if in any way it could be realted to the AGP slot its self, it is only a 4x and the card is a 8X, i have the newest driver and i wonder if it relies on the 8x more than it use to, i am also downloading the newest direct x and seeing if that is it.
Thanks for your help so far!!!

BSOD GF4 Ti4200 128MB

if your AGP slot is only 4x and the card is @ 8x definitely you'll be having that dreaded BSOD, eventhough you're using the latest driver for your video card, it will not work, coz the card is dependent to the AGP slot, and it's a clear sign of incompatibility, hardware wise, even if you formatted your hard drive several times still you'll get that BSOD, try using a 4x (if there is still one today) :unch:

thanks il try that, and would it be wise to risk getting a new motherbord or should i check it with a 4x first and if thats it, then get a new mb?

ahh 8x is backwards compatible, so a 4x slot should be no problem on the reliability front.

Blue Screen of DEATH, please help, GF4 Ti4200 128MB - in the Audio and

Unfortunately yes, if the mb works with a 4x card then no choice but replace it with a new mb where the AGP slot supports 8x :grinthumb

Well, if it makes any diffrence, I believe that it is strongly related to Doom 3. When I uninstalled it, my comp worked fine, but then, like any ancious boy... i reinstalled it and ran it. For the first time I saw the Chopped screen in a windows bassed program and I believe that that is the program that started it all. It was working fine for a couple of months before it crashed,(the game) and then i got a new driver for the Viedo card, and it went all down hill from there.

Hmmm

Well the only problem is that when i uninstalled the game that it still had the screen off center problem, and when i stuck in a diffrent video card, it still did it. i hope this helps, i am still working on the patch, Thanks again
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back