Blue screen of death....Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
When I went to swich my PC on today it got to the windows loading screen then went to the blue screen of death saying;
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005) plus two lots more.
After searching the site it says start up in safe mode but when I try that it does the same again but with the error message;
STOP 0x0000007E (0xc0000005 plus some more.)
Can anyone please help. I really would like not to re-install XP.

Your help is so appreiated.
Thanks in advance
Richard

hey richie ...

the blue screen error that you're talking about... what is the error that it gives? e.g. does it say "unbootable" etc. if u can tell me what the error says, i might be able to tell u what the problem is... :)

Spyder_1386 :)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.

When I start up the PC in goes through the BIOS then the Windows XP loading screen comes up then it goes to a blue screen saying;

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you see this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:
Check to be sure you have adeque disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing vidio adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componants restart your computer press F8 to select advanced options and then Safe Mode.

Techical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x83303644, 0xF8BF4C18, 0xF8B44918)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

When I try to start it up in safe mode it then says the same except for the 0x0000007E is 0x0000008E.

Hope this is better.
Thanks

hey again richie

Umm, my first guess would be that its faulty RAM and thats also probably why Claw has asked u to run MemTest... if u have more than one chip of memory, unplug one of them and see if it runs on the other... do the same for the other chip.

It could, however be a faulty usb port or even the boot sector on your hard disk.... try removing all your usb devices and then start up... if that doesn't work, put in your Windows Cd, and in the BIOS make the CD-ROM your first boot device. Then, when the CD starts up, run the Repair console by pressing R when promted. Use CHKDSK to attempt to fix any corrupt start-up files....

let me know if any of these work

Spyder_1386 :)

Thanks for the reply.
I've unplugged all of the usb's and that hasn't worked. I've also tried the repair on windows and that also hasn't worked.
I'll try the memtest and boot sector of the hard drive and i'll let you know.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back