Blue Screen of death provides error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_eric

Every onces in a while my computer will randomly reboot itself when i'm working in mulitple programs giving me a brief image of the blue screen of death and then restarting. Once the computer restarts i then receive a windows error message stating that it has just recovered from a serious error on the error window i get this code:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : ACD7E6DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I then went into the technical specs and it stated that the error came from here:

C:\DOCUME~1\Eric\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8e5c.dir00\Mini092307-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Eric\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8e5c.dir00\sysdata.xml

I believe those are referring to hardware files?

A couple of months ago I added more ram and upgraded my processor to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4600+

Anyone have a solution?

Solution: This error message reveals a problem with a memory dump (an inventory of the contents of computer memory; sometimes referred to as a minidump). It seems the OS created a memory dump file but forgot about it, so it's attempting to create the file again. The resulting conflict leads to a serious error and the sudden system meltdown.

Go to C:\windows\miniump folder.

and attach the last 5 or so mini dumps - give it 24 hours and somebody should be able to help

Those dumps are from August. See if you have some newer ones. If it's still the same problem it looks to be either the Nvidia firewall or Limewire causing the crashes. As the Nvidia firewall is known to cause problems you can try uninstalling it for problem isolation. Replace it with one of the free software firewalls.

i dont really have a firewall. There are some great free anti virus programs out there, i use avast which has resident scanning, basically it scans whatever you are doing, runs memory scans, scans your open applications and processes.

Whatever you do do not get Norton

I would just disable the Nvidia firewall and see if that fixes your problem for starters

Yea i have avast as well i got rid of that piece of crap Nividia firewall and loaded Comodo Firewall pro and everything is running much faster... thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back