Blue screen of death (STOP 0x0000008e) on windows xp mce reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Past week my pc has decided it wants to break. Problem started where at the windows loading screen it would get stuck, after a few restarts i loaded the pc up in safe mode and edited the boot config to disable the windows graphic to see what was going on when windows was loading up. Not one driver was being loaded up in normal mode, whereas in safe mode all the basic drivers were being started. I guessed it was a problem with my boot config but it was fine and so ive chosen to reinstall windows.

Whenever i boot up from my windows xp mce cds i can get past the eula and to the screen to choose options for install/quit etc. but whenever i press any key i get the error:
STOP 0x0000008e

From microsoft said:
CAUSE

This behavior may occur if one of the following conditions is true: •One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty.•The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows XP.
RESOLUTION

To troubleshoot this behavior, follow these steps: 1.Remove some of the memory modules that are installed on the computer. Leave at least the RAM that is required for the computer to start and run Windows XP.

The recommended RAM to run Windows XP is 128 megabytes (MB). The minimum is 64 MB, and the maximum is 4 gigabytes.

For example, if two 256-MB memory modules are installed on your computer, remove one of the memory modules.2.Restart your computer, and then run the Setup program:a. Insert the Windows XP Setup CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive, start the computer, and then click OK to select the first option screen to install a copy of Windows XP. b. Click Accept, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP installation.3.If you again receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, go to step 4.4.Remove a different memory module, or install the RAM in a different memory slot.5.Restart your computer, and then rerun Setup.

You may have to restart your computer several times to identify the specific memory modules that are not working correctly.
I have two 512mb nanya ram which ive tried in every single combination but to only get the stop error every time.

Now i cant even load up in safe mode or normal mode as i get the error if i try to boot up of:
NTLRD is missing
Press ctrl+alt+del to restart.

Any help would be great,

thanks

Thanks kaliwal, but im using windows media center edition. Does that article still work for mce as in the article
APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back