Blue screen of death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

<ryan>

:mad: Hi, lately when ive been playing a game for about an hour my pc displays a bluescreen and the reboots. When it starts up it shows, error reporting. i go to it and it says that the errors caused by a driver, but im not sure which. Despite this i am suspecting it is due to overheating. I would appreciate it if someone would help me.

try lowering settings of your graphics card and update drivers. Use a program that shows the tempreture of the components. It could also be your fan; its probably not working. Post more info...

Indeed, if you have any minidumps, zip them up and attach them here.

As for drivers, update your motherboard, video, sound, and network drivers. Most you can get from the manufacturer's web site, such as ASUS or MSI. The video driver you get from either www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com these days.

If you are overheating, and the system shuts down, I don't believe you would get an error saying a device driver caused a problem. This is likely a software issue. But it wouldn't hurt to check your temps.

Here is the error reporting data.

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

try the method where you move the sound card to another slot that was explained in the link i provided.
If it doesnt work try to disable some settings for the card like switching to 2 speakers or some special sound effects or whatever. If it still get the BSOD then try reinstalling the drivers again that came with the card.

Yes the crashing file is "P16X.sys" which seems to be a Sound Blaster file.

Firstly see if you can get a newer driver. Then try moving the sound card further DOWN in the PCI slots, farther from the video card.

Hi,

Your minidump has the bugcheck code d1 and your description is bugcheck code 7f. If your windows crashes with various bugcheck code, this is the sign of hardware error.

One minidump is not enough to determine the culprit. Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back