Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

APPI_0

Hi,
I'm new to this form and I hope somebody will help me to analyze the minidump.I have tryed to debug the memory dump of windows 2000 server from XP work station and I'm failed to download the symbols even after following the microsoft procedure.I have downloaded a symbols package manually and tryed to install the symbols,but unfortunately it doesn't have debugging symbols instead it has retail symbols, those are of no use.I decided to send my minidump file, so that some body can analyse and post the result back to me. I appreciate your time and effort.
regards
reddy

Attachments

• Mini031606-01.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
W2K SP4 minidump

Hi,

Your windows is W2K SP4 and W2K minidump does not dump the entire stack trace and Microsoft does not provide the kernel symbolic map. The stack trace end kernel symbolic is very essential for dump reading. Change the dump option to full memory dump.

Procedure to change to dump option to full memoryl dump
1. Control Panel --> System -->Advance --> Startup and Recovery --> Write debugging information --> Change minidump to full dump
2. Reboot windows to activate the change.

When BSOD occurs, windows takes a kernel dump.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/07/Debugging/

Install Windows Debugging Tools
1) Create folder c:\symbols
2) Download and install the http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx
3) Locate your latest memory.dmp file- C:\WINNT\memory.dmp
4) open a CMD prompt and cd\program files\debugging tools for windows\
5) type the following stuff:

Code:
c:\program files\debugging tools>kd -z C:\WINNT\memory.dmp
kd> .logopen c:\debuglog.txt
kd> .sympath srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
kd> .reload;!analyze -v;r;lmnt;.logclose;q

You now have a debuglog.txt in c:\, open it in notepad and post the content to this thread.

blue screen again

Sorry, i didn't contact you since i first post my problem to this forum.i waited for twodays and found no answers from anyone and i thought it seems to be of no intrest.but thanks anyway.now i had same situation.when the first crash occured, i did chkdsk /f /r and also run sfc /scannow.since that time i didn't have BSD.but now started agin. i follwed the steps u gave and i'm attaching my text results here. i appreciate if you can help me getting this problem sorted.
regards
reddy

Sorry I have attached the results to a new thread instead.you can find the same as attached now.I appreciate if you can help me.

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 8
I need full memory dump and not minidump

Your debug log is generated from minidump and not from a full memory dump.

here is the resultant complete dump.looks like CPU failure.what do u think?if i'm not wrong!please davise

McAfee Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall

The culprit is McAfee Anti-Virus Mini-Firewall. Upgrade or de-install McAfee.

FAULTING_IP:
mvstdi5x+842c
f651842c f7401000000040 test dword ptr [eax+0x10],0x40000000

thanks a lot

brilliant.you are really good man.thanks a lot.thanks for your evry effort to help in solving this problem.now i got another problem with exchnage and i don't know whether it is right forum or not to post.i appreciate if you can do something.it's really funny, i couldn't see my public folders under public folder tree.event id's in application logs are:9519,8197,9175 and also the public folder store was unmounted.when i try to mount the public folder i'm getting an error:c1041722.i try deleting the store and its not leting me to do it.what should i do.i restarted the server and i checked security on public folder store and it has exchnage servers full permission, <servername$>-full control,and everyone-no deny permission.if u can help resolving this or can suggest something to find suitable info, i appreciate it.
regards
REDDY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back