Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this blue screen stop error- stop:0x0000008e (0xc0000005,0X8388253A,0XED7FCA68,0x00000000). At the time, i was working to eliminate duplicate emails in MS Outlook'03 using an add-on application by Sperry in an effort to reduce the size of the pst file (currently at full capacity). I have been getting similar errors for past few weeks when using different apps. When using Webroot's Window Washer and while attempting to defrag with Diskeeper I got stop:0x0000008e (0xc0000005... error's. In both cases the errors showed the same first two alphanumeric sections. While the latter two applications appear now to work without getting a stop error, I don't know where its going to pop up next time. I have Run Webroot's spy sweeper with updated definitions and received a clean bill of health. Also have run the most current version of Mcafee Anti-virus which was also showed my system to be clean.

I am a novice at this, but have worked with techs before in this fashion and am able to take what ever direction you may suggest to seek resolution. If anyone would be willing to help, i would be greatly appreciative.

thanks Stubby

Welcome to TS Stubby. Until someone here with more knowledge on this subject answers your question. I would suggest you search this site for BSOD's! There are many post and info on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back