Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Hey,
While using Windows NT, the screen went blue with an error message saying, "hard drive not being adequate". Unresponsive to Cntl Alt Del...hit the power button. When turned back on, there were diagonal colors flashing on and off and an annoying high pitched error noise. After a couple reboots, the situation stays the same. I know this sounds retarded :rolleyes:, but it didn't happen to me. Someone else called complaining that their damn computer doesn't work anymore. So what should they do first?
I have no idea what this computer is made up of btw?

Sorry for the vague question but if anyone could point in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated...

These symptoms at bootup suggest one of: bad vid card, bad cpu, bad memory, bad motherboard.

This was the crappiest PC setup I've ever seen. I stuck a vaccuum in and cleared out all the dust. The CPU fan was CAKED with nastiness, so I removed that, cleaned out the vents, replaced the vid card(which was the problem), and...bada boom. the p.o.s. booted up. Defragged it, and now this chick has a pretty much brand new pc with a Geforce 440mx 64 mb.....wanna know what I got in return? Maybe later........

thanks for the reply....

lol...she called again. After it worked just fine for me here, she says she got another blue screen with the following message, and I quote "STOP: (then a bunch of numbers) Driver IRQL not less or equal to", and then "beginning dump of physical memory. Dumping physical memory to disk"...........

Ok great. btw, it's a Celeron 533mghz with Microsoft 2000 Server Edition or something, built on NT technology.

Should I check my caller ID next time she calls or what? I wanna get that spare video card back anyway, lol...oh well

Any advice would be much preeshed....

Clean it out again, give it another shot. Maybe try a different OS. Test different RAM ect. Only if you have time though, otherwise just tell her its fried, take her system for youself, sell her a new one and move on. Yeh its a bit unethical - but just keep it in mind next time she wants an upgrade - sell her below cost or something - anything to keep customers.

The memory slots are the problem I have an Internet Cafe and this thing was happening on two PC's.Change the memory to another slot and there you go. GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back