Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys..

First my specs,
AMD Dual Core x2 3800, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra
PowerColor ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB, 2gb Corsair Value RAM
Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 NCQ 160GB, NEC ND4570 16x16 DVD±RW
Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case - 450w Smart Power PSU

I am getting a blue stop screen during games (also happened once or twice during regularly everyday computer tasks i.e surfing the net and listening to music) and I am not sure what the problem is and I am hoping someone can shed some light on it..

The computer shows a blue screen (says something like 'driver_irql_not_less_or_equal') and then restarts and then when Windows boots an error message comes up which tells me it has just recovered from a serious error..

I clicked 'Send Error Report' and it came up with this: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=8022ad95-5274-45d1-9f72-6bdc4417c91b&SID=10

And also in my system event viewer it says this,

Error code 00000050, parameter1 a8208000, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 bfb3eb6d, parameter4 00000000.

I've attacked a dump file for you guys to look at too..

I have replaced RAM because I was told it was probably down to RAM but unfortunately the problem is still happening... now I am sure it's down to a faulty motherboard, perhaps the DIMM slots themselves? But I thought I'd try and get any more information from you guys before I try and get my motherboard replaced..

I tried memtest on my previous RAM and no errors were reported, haven't done it on this one yet (only got it today) but I suspect it'll be the same. I've also updated my system's bios, graphics card and motherboard drivers and also tried the RAM in all combinations possible. My temperatures (graphics card, cpu and hard drive) are all fine too.

I should also point out that when I run only ONE STICK of RAM in my PC it runs absolutely fine with no crashes... it's just when I add another stick, single or dual channel, the crashes start..

Please help!

Probably just overheating. Open the case and blow out the dust with something, i have a air compressor in my garage so i use that. Also check for fans to have stopped working. After the BSOD when booting back up check the CPU temperature.

Ah yeah, forgot to mention that all my temperatures (CPU, Graphics Card and Hard Drive) are fine.

Also noticed something in the blue screen that said,

'driver_irql_not_less_or_equal'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back