Blue screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, ive got a major problem, if any1 has any suggestion plz post so i can sort this out. Also i have not installed any new progs or hardware the night before the problem, and ive scanned for virus's using AVG.

From this morning when i turn my computer on about 20 seconds after the sys tray has loaded the blue screen comes up and the comp restarts. Now i dont touch anything when windows desktop appears, the systray icons load, everything is fine, then all of a sudden it seems to try load something (hourglass appears as cursor) and the blue screen appears. also if i do no put my password in to log into windows and i just let it sit there for around 1 minute it will also reset itself. But if i start the computer in safe mode it works fine. Ive tryed disabling all the systray icons so no progs load at start, but this also fails to stop the problem.
Orignally i had a screen come up saying the sm bus controller found. now i reinstalled the drivers for that along with my vid card drivers, but still no fix.
In the windows error report it says file WERdb87.dir00, which when i go to in the temp folder it comes up with a few files and in the notepad file called minfest is this:

Server=watson.microsoft.com
UI LCID=1033
Flags=1696080
Brand=WINDOWS
TitleName=Microsoft Windows
DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
Stage2URL=
Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=100000d1&BCP1=0000002A&BCP2=00000005&BCP3=00000000&BCP4=F741DAFB&OSVer=5_1_2600&SP=2_0&Product=768_1
DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\pg\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbd87.dir00\Mini062207-01.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\pg\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbd87.dir00\sysdata.xml
ErrorSubPath=blue
DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\pg\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbd87.dir00

Note: blue screen tech details: SI3112r.sys - adress f741dafb baste at f7416000 datestamp 3ea7e3b9

Can some1 plz advise me on what is wrong, as i didn't do anything different last night, but this problem has arised the next morning.

Thankyou

Same problem here exactly!

Sorry, but I'm just as stumped as you are. I have recently started to experience the exact same problem.

Windows crashes a few minutes into startup with Blue screen, reporting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Error is in si3112r.sys (Silicon Image SATA driver)

Does this mean an IRQ conlict? I'm not aware that there is one on my system, and Windows does not report one (in safe mode anyway.)

This is what I have tried so far: Repair Windows installation from CD.
After I did this th system seemed OK for a day or so and then went back to crashing on Windows systray startup.

So today I got into safe mode and did the following:
- MEMCHECK86+: no errors found.
- chkdsk /f: no bad sectors

I have had my SATA drive installed for over a year now and never any problems like this. I flashed the MB BIOS and installed the correct drivers at the time to ensure they were current. I noted there are no newer drivers for my MB on the ASUS site since then, so I'm stumped.
Note that my SATA drive is only a utility drive. It doesn't contain an OS and is not bootable. I boot from a EIDE drive. (I do not have a RAID array.)

Could it be some software I installed lately?
The only things I can remember putting on there any time recently was Apple Safari and some HP Memories Photodisc Creator, which I've had on that pc before. I've tried to uninstall it, but the system reports I cannot do that in Safe mode for that application.

So I second that cry for help!!

My next plan is to install Windows on another drive and keep my fingers crossed that the same problem doesn't occur on a new install...

I have got the same problem as well!! BSOD on start up and in the technical information it says Si3112r.sys

Anybody help us??

Thanks!!

Thanks a ton, peterdiva.

The update from SI's support site seemed to work a treat. My PC has been on and running in Windows for about an hour now.

So the mystery remains - why did several healthy PCs suddenly start crashing this week due to the same issue for no apparent reason?
Full moon? My suspicion lies with Windows Automatic Updates...

Any other theories?

red-3 said:
Thanks a ton, peterdiva.

The update from SI's support site seemed to work a treat. My PC has been on and running in Windows for about an hour now.

So the mystery remains - why did several healthy PCs suddenly start crashing this week due to the same issue for no apparent reason?
Full moon? My suspicion lies with Windows Automatic Updates...

Any other theories?

How did you install that update?

Unzip the goods to your drive.

My Computer -> Hardware -> Device Manager
Right-click SI 3112 SATA Raid Controller and Update driver

If you can't get into Windows because of the BSOD, boot into Safe mode (F8 when PC starts to load OS) and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back