Blue Screen...then turns off randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1993120

Hiyah. About a week ago my computer randomly has been starting to turn off and flashing a blue screen. I've attatched a couple mini dumps, so maybe you could help me figure this out through those.

HP Pavilion Laptop.

Attachments

• Mini010108-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 8
Have you recently added any new hardware or even a manual driver update

Have you installed any new programs

Well, I installed a usb driver and updated my virus program. But, once I started getting the errors I quickly unintalled both of these because this isnt the first time dealing with these blue screens which was about a year ago.

So, I hope that helped any. =]

This may be a candidate for Windows Sytem Restore
But I am concerned about the computer restarting (especially if doing a system restore)

If you operate the computer in Safe mode does it stay alive ?
If so you could commence a System restore in Safe mode

Hmm, I suppose I could perform a system restore. However, is this the only route I can take on fixing this. Last time this happened it was my hard drive failing, but I hope it's not happening again. Are the minidumps saying any kind of drivers not working right?

It stays alive in safe mode, and I'm now on a different computer while my laptop is performing a System Restore in safe mode.

The system dump really doesn't show much
The only thing in there is possible un-install your sound drivers, then re-install from the original Cd or manufacturer

This can be the case as sound is not active in Safe mode

So its not my hard drive? Do you recommend a reformat of my hard drive then reinstall the drivers that came with my computer?

If Safe mode works then it must be one of those Normal mode Startup devices
Possible even your sound driver
You can safely disable all as this is reversable
Then restart and test again

Also pls stop messaging me, I know you have replied straight away, but I may be on other things; or working out a way to help you
Or away !

Mmmkay sorry. So uhm, I reinstalled the cd drivers for my pc. Then I unticked all those checks in the startup. Fine so far...

Doh !

Coming down to hardware or re-install

I may leave this for others comments (if they decide to read all of it)

And I just made 100 WooHoo!

blue screen of death

hi there my name is Richard,
i play world of warcraft, but when i go to load my character up i get the blue screen of death.
now, i have researched into it by going to manage and computer management and even viewer.
this is what i have found out and gathered information on.

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000010, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f74358a7.

i have recently updated all of my drivers including:
network card
graphics card
motherboard
sound card

i no a few things about computers but this is far advanced to figure out.
perhaps if i send you my minidump, could u please look at it and tell me what is wrong with my computer and world of warcraft?

here is the link to my minidump
perhaps 1 of you could take a look please i would appreciate it.

box.net/shared/ddd0ffrc4g

Hi boon1234 and welcome to TechSpot

Sadly I cannot answer your question here
You will need to post a new thread with your problem details
Please go to Here then select the forum which best matches your fault condition.
Someone will reply back (hopefully) with support for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back