Blue Screen When i Start Itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havnt made any hardware changes recently, dont know about software. However when i try and start itunes 75% of the time i get bluescreen with the followig error:

System Event 1001:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xbb9ea29e, 0x00000000, 0x805cdf7c, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111605-03.dmp.

Also my computer restarts without warning about twice a day for no reason i can see.

I have attached a few of the minidumps but changed the extension to txt as it wouldnt let me upload .dmp, any help would be awesome.

Thanx guys, Leigh

Hi,

Two minidumps are inaccessible which is the symptom of faulty ram or PSU.

You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

ok thanx dude im guna try all those now il let ya know how it goes, if all else fails its still under warraty so they can sort it :giddy:

Hi, i have tried what you suggested and have detailed below, the problem still exists:
(I have phoenix Award Bios)

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

Two minidumps are inaccessible which is the symptom of faulty ram or PSU.

You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

**Left it on all day, passed 45 failed none**

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly

**temperature is 31c**

2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.

**Reseated into another slot, onboard video**

3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.

**how?, all bios settings are default as far as i know

4. Clean the dust inside the computer case

**Lot of dust in the fan and the heat sync, all cleaned**

5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard

**how? allthough it has worked fine for months**

6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)

**How? only have one stick of 512 so does this apply?**

7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices

**How?**

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

**only have one, if it comes to it i will take it back to the shop**

Thanx Millions!

Hi,

1) Refer the manual of your motherboard and it documents which model of ram is compatible to the m/b
2) Install everest to display the hardware configuration

ok the ram is compatible, got everest what am i looking for on it, enclosed is a memory report from everest, if this isnt what im looking for then what is? Thanx, Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back