Blue Screen while booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cihancemaloglu

Hi everyone. yesterday the electricity went off and the computer turned off. When the electricity came again I turned the pc on and had an error like this on a blue screen:

STOP: 0x00000007E (0xC0000005,0x00000000,0xF7C4DFDC,0xF7C4DCD8)

After every boot, a screen comes off and it says harddisk check is needed, it processes something and then it logs in windows normally. It's possible that overload could damage the pc but everthing is fine and every hardware is working as before the electricity went off. There is no minidump file to look at as well. I searched up the web for this error but I couldn't find any human beeing who faced this problem. Can anybody help about this error ?

It is almost undoubtedly a minor hard drive error caused by the power cut!!!!

Windows wants to error check the hard drive, are you letting it run or stopping it???

yeah, its just a proper windows disk check. every harddisk electricity cut in desktop are present, the windows will check your disk for few minutes. (this only apply to some computers)

Everytime, I let it run and it finishes checking. Then windows starts and everything goes fine. But it happens everytime I boot, althought I let it finish checking... Can formating windows help me ?

Do you have a windows xp cd??? If so, boot with it and press r for recovery console when prompted, type chkdisk at the dos type prompt then reboot when done, that may fix it!!!!

On windows, I ran chkdsk and it started to check whole disk. This is the same thing that I told you about "everytime I boot it checks the disk before windows starts". It doesn't change anything. The check after boot and in windows are both made by chkdsc. It says "chkdsk is checking files, folders etc..". They are both same and it still continues to come up after I boot. Any ideas ?

The thing I want to know is, did the power cut cause hardware damage. If everything is fine (performance etc.) except hard drive check after boot, do I need to worry ? If the problem is only because of windows, I can easily solve by formating because I have a second drive to back up my files. Can you surely tell, is it hardware or software error ? Could the power cut damage my harddisk physically ? If so, something should go wrong in the moment but everything is fine and I can do everything in the computer as before. I replaced RAM by another and it was the same. I'm sure my memories are fine.

Get speedfan from the downloads section and use it to check out your hard drive's S.M.A.R.T. characteristics, that will tell you if there is a serious problem with it or not!!!!

I did that as you said and everything looks fine refering to in-depth online analysis. So Windows is the one which causes the problem right ?

Cool, glad i could help!!! :)

If you have any further problems don't hesitate to post!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back