Blue Screen with 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeltek

Hey guys, just built a brand new system and Im running into some unusual error, a BSOD.

I cant seem to effectively replicate it, but every once in a while, usually after a couple hours of playing Guild Wars, it gives me a blue screen of death with the error linking back to nv_40.dll.

AMD 64 3000 Venis Core
1gb corsair ram
Leadtek 6600gt
Windows XP Service pack 2
Latest drivers

Thanks

Sounds like a video driver conflict or corrupt driver. try uninstalling the video drivers and then reinstall them. If that doesnt work try an older version of the Forcware driver. Did you install the motherboard drivers after you built the computer?

vegasgmc said:
Sounds like a video driver conflict or corrupt driver. try uninstalling the video drivers and then reinstall them. If that doesnt work try an older version of the Forcware driver. Did you install the motherboard drivers after you built the computer?

I've had the same problem with my Ati Radeon x850 xt and all you need to do is unistall the driver and reinstall it again just like vega said. And that should do the trick.

Sebastian

Still doesnt work.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my vid card and I still get the same error. I havnt tried using older drivers, where can I get them? Thank you for you help.

There should be an archive on nVidias site. Also check the motherboard and memory manufacturer web sites to see if there are any issue with the brands of components you have. Some memory wont work with certain motherboard and some video cards have issues with certain chipsets. Also make sure the card sint overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back