Blue screen with "critical warning" -how do i get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move HJT to its OWN proper directory!
C:\DOCUME~1\mick\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.125\HijackThis.exe

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.
Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

IBISCont.exe
winstall.exe

Next, try to UNinstall anything to do with (not delete yet!):
D:\bin\IBISCont.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the little square before (if still there):
...................................................................................................
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: QUICKfind BHO Object - {C08DF07A-3E49-4E25-9AB0-D3882835F153} - C:\PROGRA~1\TEXTware\QUICKF~1\PlugIns\IEHelp.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BT Broadband] D:\bin\IBISCont.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

blue screen with "critical warning" refuses to disapear!

hi thanks for your help but followed the instructions as directed and blue screen with "critical warning" refuses to disapear. can somebody, please help me?

blue screen with "critical warning"

that's my log file from hijackthis

Attachments

• hijackthis1.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 6
You have not done half of what I advised you!

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.
Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

winstall.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the little square before (if still there):
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

blue screen with "critical warning"

hi it's me again.
I have followed the instructions, but I can't remove the blue screen. perhaps I have made a mistake. quite possible as I'm new with computers.

I booted in a safe mode, switched off system restore, turned on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system".
I have deleted everything from C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp ;C:\WINDOWS\Temp and

I could'n find O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe

then rebooted and the blue screen is still there.

if you could have a look at my hijackthis logfile again and give me any other instructions it would be great.

I have also attached a hijackthis logfile in a safe mode and in normal mode.
I have also attached windows task manager- processes in safe mode and normal mode.

everything is in a file called task "manager safe mode"

thanks a lot.

Attachments

• task manager-safe mode.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
Your logs are clean. You probably have a screen-saver or background picture permanently showing.
Rightclick anywhere on the desktop and select Properties.
Under the Desktop tab, check the entry under Background, replace it with (None) and make a note of what was there, if it was NOT none.
Under the Screensaver tab, also replace any found entry with (None) and make a note of what was there, if it was NOT none.
Click on OK or Apply.
Then report back please with whatever was there.

Mojam
Please read his post again before you give any more useless advise, he does NOT have a BSOD

i tried what you advised.
right clicked went to desktop, but background,positon and browse are frozen. only the color option works and even when i tried to apply a color it won't apply it. in the background option(which i can't change) are five original desktop pictures files and 'e' icon with the word 'desktop'
the screen saver works and is on the (none) option.

the blue screen and critical warning sign is still there.

do you have any other suggestions?

thanks for your help so far.

Download Ewido Security Suite (trial) from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".

Start Ewido. When you run it the first time, you get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK.
On the main screen, click on Update in the left menu, then click the Start Update button.
After the Update finishes, the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful".
Now run scan with the program, let it delete what it finds.
Fingers crossed!

If you have problems updating see here: http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/

i have instaled the program, updated, scanned and kept my fingers crossed but nothing has changed.

i have remembered something perhaps it may help you: i got a pop up called 'spy doctor' and it installed by itself on my PC. when i removed it i got the blue screen.

thanks for your help. any other ideas? i'm willing to try anything to get this crap of my computer.

Can you perhaps take a 'Print Screen' with that blue screen and attach it as a .jpg?
May get a better idea that way.

One more option if you use Active Desktop:
Go to Control Panel > Display. Click on the "Desktop" tab then click
the "Customize Desktop" button. Click on the "Web" tab. Under "Web Pages" you may see an entry checked called something like "Security info" or similar.
If it is there, select that entry and click the "Delete" button. Click OK
then Apply and OK.

And I just found this as well:
TO FIX YOUR WALLPAPER:

Here's what you're going to do: Cut & paste the entire text I post below in the Quote into "notepad" then save the text file to your desktop (or c:\) and name it "fix.reg"....(please make sure its not named with a .txt extension). Quit notepad. Now double-click on "fix.reg" to MERGE these clean registry entries into your PC. Now you can go and do what you want with the background, wallpaper, etc...
REGEDIT5

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoViewContextMenu"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoViewContextMenu"=-
"NoActiveDesktop"=-
"ForceActiveDesktopOn"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]
"NoChangingWallPaper"=-
"NoComponents"=-
"NoAddingComponents"=-
"NoDeletingComponents"=-
"NoEditingComponents"=-
"NoHTMLWallpaper"=-
Remove the blank space (4x) within \Curre ntVersion\ so that it reads \CurrentVersion\
This is a Forum-quirk, not my doing!

I have merged the registry entries into my PC, but nothing have changed.

when I start my PC I get my standard wallpaper and after a few seconds it changes back into the blue screen with "critical warning" sign.

I have done a few 'print screens' and I will send them one by one.

sorry for the inconvienience.

Attachments

• screen print.png
    screen print.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 35
Perhaps it help:

Attachments

• display properties.jpg
    display properties.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 15
  • display properties themes.jpg
    display properties themes.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
  • desktop properties general.jpg
    desktop properties general.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • display properties web.jpg
    display properties web.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
  • windows task manager processes.jpg
    windows task manager processes.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 8
Yea, its definitely something setting your wallpaper to that.

There must be a process or service running though that is setting your wallpaper everytime.

Use the Housecall, it works well.

i went the 'housecall' and used: 'spyware scanner', 'CWshredder', 'scan your PC'.

'scan your PC' detected 24 vulnerabilities. in order to remove them i have to install windows xp sofware hotfix. after installing hotfix i have to restart my PC( this would take some time) . is it NECESSARY to do it?

i have also installed MS and performed a 'full system scan'. i don't know what you mean by " run the system-setup" (can you please explain?)

the blue screen is still on, in its favorite place- my desktop and doesn't want to go away.

Never mind the instruction for M$-Antispyware, I just copied that text from somewhere.

The only other item I can come up with in your PC is this:
Uninstall MSN Messenger, it may be of the WORM_RBOT.KX variant, as described here:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_RBOT.KX&VSect=T

To get rid of it, follow these instructions:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_RBOT.KX&VSect=Sn

If that does not do it, I'm afraid I have no more advise, other than:
- backup your personal stuff on another harddisk
- zero-fill the harddisk (go to your harddisks manufacturer's website and get the specific tool for YOUR harddisk model.)
- install from scratch

czajnikow for U From JATT

Hey czajnikow
how r u
am not that smart but if u dint fix ur Prob i seen ur desktop pic
i mean try all da scaner watever u got thne
go download This File on U r Desktop
copy and paste http://metallica.geekstogo.com/smitfraud.reg
or click here u know tht

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/smitfraud.reg
thne clilk that smitfraud on u r desktop
thns it go to regstry , instll there thnen restart ur computer thne u can change u r desktop property
ok bye enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back