Blue screens during/after rendering with Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi all,

I've got an old amd 3200+, 1 gig pc 3200 ram, nvidia 6800 128mb, no overclocking.

I've recently reinstalled windows, and tested my memory with memtest. My system is clean of spyware eyc. My computer is fine, until I render a heavy scene in Maya. I'm getting blue screens after rendering, or my system simply freezes indefinitely during the render.

I render in Mental Ray and limit the memory usage, so that it never exceeds my 1 gig; the task managed shows it is exceeding around 940 mb total.

I've attatched a mini dump. If there is any more info I can give let me know and I'll get it.

cheers,

gubar

I've had more blue screens, and I've let the BS finish the coundown for the memory dump, but there are no new dump files in windows\minidump.

Is anyone able to help with this?

cheers,

gubar

For some reason your minidump was unreadable by the debugger stating it was corrupted.

If you can get any more minidumps please post.

It could be a video card driver, but I am only speculating at this time.

Hi,

just got another blue screen, dump included. I suspect it is kmixer.sys; I've only repaired windows recently. I will be adding a new motherboard, processor and gpu next week - will this step around the problem, or will it be in the windows installation? Assuming it it kmixer.sys.

thanks again,

gubar

Do you have a Razer USB optical mouse made by Diamondback? Your minidump points to Razerlow.sys which is a a Diamondback USB Optical Mouse driver. If you google Razerlow.sys you'll find TONS of people having the same issue but in different operations, i.e., gaming, etc.

My first suggestion is to update the mouse driver. Also, go to Diamondback forums and see what others have said and their solutions.

Hi,

thanks for the analysis. Seems from the search I've done that new drivers/firmware are suggested or just uninstalling the driver and using xindow's own.

thanks again,

gubar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back