Bluescreen in windows xp (n4disp.dll/PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Techspot community!

I have got an error that produce a blue screen sometimes when I play FSX:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 947e0000, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bfbb53a6, parameter4 00000000. <-event id1003

I got this information in event viewer in windows xp professional edition.

In blue screen it complains about n4disp.dll and says also PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA at the top.
I have a xfx geforce 8600gt with the latest drivers (169.21).

This blue screen is really common when playing the game. Other error that sometimes also come out is "FSX run out of memory" message. That's a bit weird, as I have 4Gb of ram on my pc.

I have a Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, TITAN 560W PSU, 4GB Kingston PC800

Hope someone can help me!!

Cordially,

João Fonseca

Attachments

• Mini021008-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 19
  • Mini020908-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 21
  • Mini012408-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 29
  • Mini012108-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • Mini011708-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 8
We need your minidumps to help with a more definitive answer but that driver you mention is an Nvidia video driver and is quite common here as a problem.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files we need, NOT the whole folder. Attach the minidumps inn your next post.

To attach look for the screen below your posting that has the Manage Attachments box.

4 of 5 minidumps all have the same 0x50 error. This type of error can be caused by several things including device drivers. In your case it is nv4_disp.dll which is an Nvidia video display driver. The process fsx.exe was also mentioned in all four and when I googled this there was tons on this executible and the problems people have had with it. Google it yourself and you will see people being shut down, told they don't have enough memory, etc.

It appears your display driver and fsx.exe possibly don't play nice together. Did you have crash issues before updating to the latest Nvidia driver?

Your remaining dump cites an 0xF4 error:

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated. Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.

In your case the process terminated is csrss.exe and is cited as the probable cause. csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. It has to run at all times.

Thanks for your answer Route44!

Yes, before I updated the graphics driver to the latest nvidia release, these crash issues already occured. Indeed, I thought that updating the drivers to 169.21 was the solution, but not.
I've already googled these issues and found that the lack of memory is solved under the windows vista by applying a patch.

I got this off the 'net concerning fsx.exe and XP:

Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has put a limit on how much RAM a program can access utilizing its 32-Bit Operating Systems. This limit is 2GB, meaning that any program will utilize 2GB to operate, and if the program requires more RAM, it uses virtual memory (page file) as the next source. When the OS uses the page file, your system is accessing the hard drive using a portion of it as virtual memory. And as we can surmise, page files slow down operations.

Thus the reason for you getting weird messages about not having enough memory.

Try googling "fsx.exe and XP" and see if you can find a work-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back