Bluescreen in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

I have a conflict which i'm sure will make even the brightest scratch their heads. Whenever i install ANY kind of program in WinXP the next time i turn my computer on after like 3 or 4 hours or so i will be greeted to the desktop with a dark blue or purple colored screen with white writing on it. Usually i can check what the writing is telling me before it automatically shuts my computer off, but the writing is now in a different language. Cabrone and i think its maybe dutch or german but it definately isn't english. Its a very annoying problem as i install a program one out of every third time i turn on my computer. What am i to do? :confused: :confused:

The event viewer in computer management in admin tools in control panel :) will record system errors. Give that a look, maybe post what it says.

There are two with special icons. One that has a yellow ! inside of a triangle which says 'The driver disabled the write cache on device \Device\Harddisk0\dr0.' and the other is a X inside of a red circle which says 'The Fileprot service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.'

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
the writing is now in a different language. Cabrone and i think its maybe dutch or german but it definately isn't english.
Post the writing here, this is an internatinal forum, there has to be someone who can translate it. I speak fluently four languages + some less fluently.

WHERE DO YOU KEEP GETTING THESE PURPLE SCREENS FROM!!!??

Where, Phatman.. Where? LoL. I remember you telling me you got a purple screen while installing XP itself. Perhaps this problem goes deeper than just installing software. It could be a memory disk, or thermal problem.

Personally, the only time XP crashes with a blue screen is if I jerk the hard disk out while it is on. :blush:

Sure there weren't any big red X's in the error log? You may want to look further down. They have the time stamped on them, so if you remember when you last purple/blue screen was, you may be able to find it easier. Anything that halts the system with a blue screen will automatically get a red icon next to.. The yellow ones are just cautions.

Re: WHERE DO YOU KEEP GETTING THESE PURPLE SCREENS FROM!!!??

Originally posted by Rick

Personally, the only time XP crashes with a blue screen is if I jerk the hard disk out while it is on. :blush:

And you would want to do that why?

I would post what it says, but for those of you who get these messages, it automatically shuts down your computer 5 seconds later.

Re: WHERE DO YOU KEEP GETTING THESE PURPLE SCREENS FROM!!!??

Originally posted by Rick
Sure there weren't any big red X's in the error log? You may want to look further down. They have the time stamped on them, so if you remember when you last purple/blue screen was, you may be able to find it easier.

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
the other is a X inside of a red circle which says 'The Fileprot service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.'

Have you tried to maybe reinstall XP, since it sounds like a fubar situation?

Btw now that @home is byebye your spec link dont work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back