Bluetooth on windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

I'm just curious if its possible to get Bluetooth on windows XP.. the only ones i can find are apple only. I wanted to transfer some stuff from my RazrV3, and someone suggested Bluetooth.

Thanks for any help,
Jasio-

Yes it`s possible.

Just buy a bluetooth dongle, such as THIS. There are lots of others to choose from, just Google.

Once the software and dongle is installed, it should be very easy to transfer photos/videos etc from your phone to your computer via blootooth.

Regards Howard :)

I was hoping to not have to purchase anything. Im not sure if just connecting it through a USB will work? your opinion..?

You can`t transfer files via bluetooth without having a dongle connected to your computer.

However, you can transfer files from your phone to your computer via the usb cable, provided you have the Motorola mobile phone tools installed.

I know this to be a fact, because I have a Motorola L6 slvr Phone. I have a blutooth dongle and the phonetools programme as well.

Did your phone come with the above programme?

If not you will have to purchase it from the Motorola website.

Regards Howard :)

yes.. you will need some sort of device that lets you in on bluetooth such as a bluetooth mouse/hub, dongle, pci card etc.. you can use windows own software to manage your bluetooth (windows xp) otherwise for older windows/os's you may need a driver and software to work it. Note some devices (such as phones for example) need their own software to work.

In addition to member N3051M, I would sugest you use windows xp own software for faster transfers and it also optimize the bluetooth capabilties of the the connected device, in other to do this do not install the dongle bluetooth management software, only install the drivers you can do this by pluging in the dongle, use XP'S add hardware wizard to install the drivers, then from the control panel, click bluetooth>options click turn on device discovery, follow the instructions, that's it, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back