Bluetooth Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus Dragonas

Okay. I bought two bluetooth dongles, installed them in two computers in the house, set up the connection, and it worked.

For awhile.

The problems started when I took both computers away from my computer workbench. I put them in thier respective places, (one upstairs and one down) and now, it wont even register them. They are well within range (60 meters tops, and I'm directly underneath the other one upstairs) but still, they won't recognize eachother. Does a bluetooth radio wave only transmit latterally? Am I missing something?

PS: I NEED AN ALTERNATIVE TO BLUESOLIEL. I hate it. I had to mod it just to work with my dongle. Even without it, the two would recogognize eachother through plain XP Widcomm drivers. They won't recognize with either bluesoleil or widcomm now.

Cyrus

Okay. Thanks for the warm welcome. I measured and they are only 18 feet apart. Well within range. Plus, now they can see eachother,(after some tinkering) but won't do any LAN or anything. I can get it to SAY that a PAN is active, but no other evidence of anything like that. Any Ideas guys?

Cyrus

Class 1 bluetooth devices (very cheap - I have one) have a range of 328 feet. You can get class 1 devices with EDR for under $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back