Bluetooth Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwestjr@yahoo.c

I installed a MS Bluetooth Wireless Mouse & Keyboard on my PC. It was not as easy as the directions claim. Even though the PC has built in Bluetooth, I still used, as was recommended, a MS Bluetooth Transceiver in a USB. All functions of the mouse and keyboard work. However, after shutting down and starting back up, the scroll on the mouse and the specialty keys on the keyboard don't work. The only way to fix it is to basically start over. I have to uninstall the mouse drivers in Programs. I have to uninstall the transceiver drive in some supplemental files found in Bluetooth. Then I have to reboot, the reinstall all drives. There is no place to go and install the transceiver drive....you just have to hope the PC does it. Sometimes a message comes up saying it failed at installing. Eventually when all is installed, I have to go to Bluetooth and let it recognize the mouse and keyboard, which doesnt always happen, even when triggering them to signal the PC.

My question is: Once installed and working, what can I do so that it will work when I reboot?

"My question is: Once installed and working, what can I do so that it will work when I reboot?"

Ditch the bluetooth and go regular wireless mouse/keyboard

That won 't work.

Might be a good suggestion, but defeats the purpose of the wireless. Laptop is attached to big screen TV. Need mouse and keyboard to operate from across the room.

Windows Vista

Yes, I am running Windows Vista. I'm sorry I left that out originally. My verdict is still our on Visya. So far, so good, Just takes some getting used to.....some name changes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back