Board post and CPU Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is an asus a7n8x deluxe, amd 2400 xp-m, corsair TWINX1024-3200CR 1gig matched pair DDR400 memory, Rosewill 480w PS, Win 2000 pro. I've been doing some mild overclocking with this setup and ended up running at 2300mhz with the Vcore set at 1.65v. I'm not a gamer so I really don't heat things up much. I decided to purchase a better cpu fan so I bought a Thermaltake all copper RX series fan and sink and installed it. Everything ran OK. I ran the setup at 100% cpu usage for about 10 minutes to see how it would heat up and it got up to about 115F - no big deal. When I shut down to restart the bios kicked my settings back to a low default. I tried to reset everything with no success - it wouldn't boot to my original oc settings or any other settings for that matter. Then it wouldn't post at all. When I power up all the fans work and the drives spin up but no beeps and a completely dead screen. I have read a lot of your informative posts here. I tried a different PS, moved the memory around, cleared and reset the bios, tested the video card. I first thought it was the CPU but sounds like if it was I should still get a beep code. Anyway any help would be great. Thanks, rfcoop

I stick with brands like Antec, Enermax, Thermaltake, Coolermaster. The cheaper brands may say 400 watts but they usually put out less, especially under load. They also arent very good about putting out clean current.

Thanks, I'll try one of these PS's and if I can get my hands on a reasonable CPU on ebay. Last week they were going cheap but now it seems like everyone wants 'em so I'm missing the bid. I think Santa is hoarding. As for the motherboard, I still can't get any action out of it - glad to know that you don't always get a beep from a dead CPU it would be hard for me to believe it is a dead Asus because I've always kept it cool, don't stress it, and haven't done anything too stupid to it..
rfcoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back