Bonded DSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwr_1986

Our company is going nuts trying to find the badwidth we will need when we switch to VOIP. The problem is that we are apparently 40+ miles from the POP and they want over a grand a month for a T1. This has brought us to consider bonding multiple ADSL line together. I know it's out there, can be done, and has been done but I can't find too many companies that offer the service. All the businesses that specialize in this kind of bandwidth seem to be in Britain. If anyone could point me in the appropriate direction I'd appreciate it. I have already contacted Cisco and their engineer is supposed to call me in a week or so but I really wanted to get a better idea of what is required and involved before I have that conversation.

Thanks

Jesse

sounds like this
Code:
isp ----- adsl#1---- router#1 ..\
     ----- adsl#2---- router#2---> Proxy Server -- router#4-- LAN systems
     ----- adsl#3---- router#3../
The proxy server would round-robin all new/outgoing connections to a different router[x].
The inbound replies would come back on the same connection, so there would
be 'some' load balancing -- but usually inbound traffic(in bytes) heavily out weighs outbound.

That is one way, however I'm looking at the bonding option where the data is not just put on the lest busy line but rather the data can be split up and sent one all the lines in peices. I know it's possible in the higher end equipment.

Thanks

Jesse

That's known as ATM: Asynchronous Transfer Mode
All new hardware AND special software will be needed.

Thanks I'll look into that and what it will require of us. I expect to buy new equipment anyway for this project.

Thanks

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back